As a certified mother roaster, I am charged with supporting mothers after the birth of their baby. Pregnancy is a heated state for a mother as she is warmed by the baby and her extra blood volume. When the baby is born, the mother is quickly cooled. As a mother roaster, I provide warming support to help return the mother to a warmed state to help hear heal physically, emotional and spiritually.
So, you may be wondering what a mother roaster does.
As a mother roaster, I help new mothers honor the transition from maiden to mother and warm her to encourage healing. In do this through various services to support the mother as she heals from birth and becomes a mother. As a new mother, you deserve to have the support you need to honor this powerful transition.
Some of the services that I provide to new mothers include:
- Processing your birth experience. I provide a hand made journal to a mother to allow her to write down her birth story. As a mother roaster, I provide the space to the mother to share her deepest feelings about birth – the good and the bad- to encourage the processing of the birth. When she is ready, I listen as she shares her story with me without judgment or interruption.
- Ceremonial bathing . This special bath allows the mother to symbolically wash away the last bit of maidenhood, wash away any negative experiences from birth and to support the mother as she is restored to health after birth. The two kinds of baths are milk and honey or malay floral.
- Warming oil rub – The mother is warmed by a rub down using herbal infused warming oils. This rubdown stimulates blood flow thus having a positive effect on the body’s circulation and metabolism.
- Moxabustion or Moxa. This ancient Chinese practice assists with postpartum healing by warming the abdomen, stops pain, moves Qi, circulates the blood, safeguards health, facilitates a speedy recovery and energizes the new mother.
- Herbal Baths. The herbal infusions to assist with perinial healing after birth. This treatment includes healing herbs that are traditional used to support comfort and healing after birth.
- Sealing Ceremony and Sacred Tuck-in. This beautiful ceremony brings to light the importance of honoring a new mother, honoring their process, recognizing that each mother is different, but each deserving of having the space to be held, warmed, honored, and made to feel loved.
- Hot stone abdominal press. This technique promotes the healing of the uterus, introduces heat to the body, expels gas and trapped air from the abdomen. This also gives the mother some time to relax and be pampered.
- Bengkung belly binding with warming herbal paste. The bengkung style of binding is known to help heal diastasis recti with the constant supportive pressure on the abdomen area, support posture, good spine alignment and healing body, and promoting support for mothers who had a cesarean birth.
- Herbal Tea Ceremony. This ceremony is a time to warm the mother with healing teas and focus on the needs and wants of a new mother. Herbal teas include: Mother’s Turmeric Tea, Mama’s Happy Tea, Sweetwater Lactation Tea, You Rock! Mama Tea, Atole, and Chia Dream.
With the care of a mother roaster, you will feel pampered, cared for ,warm and secure as you complete the journey from maiden to motherhood.Schedule a Ceremony
Here are some of the packages available:
Motherhood Package – One Warming Treatment, One Balm/Salve/Tincture/Tea, and one Sealing Ceremony including Ceremonial Bathing. – $300
Mother Earth Package – All items included in Motherhood Package and includes a birth story ceremony including a homemade personalized birth story journal. $325
Mother Goddess Package – All Items in Mother Earth Package and includes a Bengkung Belly Binding. $350 (wrap purchased separately) or $400 (including wrap)
Belly Binding Package – Includes a belly bind and belly firming paste with 3 1-hour visits to assist with learning to wrap your abdomen with your belly bind. $150
Here’s what clients are saying about my mother roasting services:
“Thank you, Susannah! You provided a warm, sacred space for me.” – Gina S. and Anna R., Woodbridge, VA
“Susannah, I want to tell you I love your belly wrap so much. I still use it and think of you often and the blessing you gave me. I didn’t get a baby shower for West. What you did was very healing.” – Fern C., Chantilly, VA
“Wow the ceremony was awesome. I wish I could live there! in a way it was as I expected- in spirit, such a striking contrast to the way I’ve been living for ages. Survival mode is fumes in one’s cup. Cup has a little something in it- elixir. While I wish it were full to the brim, at least it now has something special! I can’t thank you enough. “ – Natalie S., Alexandria, VA
“Today I was surrounded by 3 amazing mothers who participated in a wonderfully healing Rebirth and Sealing Ceremony. I will forever cherish their words, warmth and support as they helped me heal from a traumatic birth and a rough 8 weeks postpartum. These women are remarkable friends and mothers. I will be eternally grateful for the experience they gave me today.” – Tammie L., Arlington, VA
“I received your box [with the sealing ceremony kit]. I of course cried at the chance to do a ceremonial bath… It’s just perfect. A thank you doesn’t seem adequate. I believe [these products and ceremonies] matches me perfectly and the timing gives me the support I need at the moment. Never to late for self love and care.” – Breanne B., Port Hatchineha, FL
A sacred sealing ceremony wraps and warms the mother and marks the transition from maiden to mother.
Please contact us to let us know that you are thinking of getting some other roasting services. I would love to schedule a face to face meeting with you to talk about your needs free of charge!Inquire Today